Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Importance of Playing


Rene Magritte
Personal Values



This past week I read a book called “ Molecules of Emotion”, by Candance B. Pert. It’s a great book that I totally recommend, about the search for the biochemical links between consciousness, mind and body.

I am going to quote a short paragraph:

One last word about stress: Play! Having fun is the cheapest, easiest and most effective way I know to instantly reduce stress and rejuvenate mind, body and spirit. The source of most people’s ongoing, daily stress, I believe, is the perception is isolation and alienation, being cut off from the company of others. Engaging in play is the antidote because it gets our emotions flowing, and our emotions are what connect us, give us a sense of unity, a feeling that we are part of something greater than our small and separate egos.”

My one time a week adult play time is at the Groundlings on Melrose Avenue, where I take Impro classes. Not necessary in order to become the next Saturday Night Live comedian.

Where are you playing?



No comments:

Post a Comment