Saturday, January 22, 2011

Test Your Shoe IQ

Is the title of an actual article in Marie Claire magazine.
Image from marieclaire.com. 


I am not saying that we all should be a member of Mensa. But to test my shoe IQ is one of the most ridiculous concepts I have ever heard. Do some magazines have a task of making us dumber and dumber in every issue? I know it is just fashion, so let's just play along...? If I am paying $5 for a magazine I want something in return, even if the magazine I am buying is not The New Scientist. Is it too much to ask that aside from looking at ads  I would like to learn something?
Not to rip Marie Claire off... it is just the one that came my way, I am sure you can find dumb-ing articles in almost any women's magazine.
But, just clicking on their website takes me to these titles, on their very main page.
"Should dumping happen fast or slow?"
"Would you marry a robot?"
"Do you have a smelly belly?"


Getting ready to take the Shoe IQ test. I hope I will pass. 

Fact of the Day ( so you won't leave this blog learning nothing)

~Shoes all over the world were identical until the nineteenth century, when left- and right-footed shoes were first made in Philadelphia.~

Quote of the Day

~Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.~ Marilyn Monroe

After I pass the IQ test I will debate how it is to be married with a robot.


No comments:

Post a Comment